Saturday, January 24, 2015

Costante Dalpiaz Siblings in Val di Non

From pictures taken by Kathleen and Nick during their trip to Italy,  I've been able to sort out some of your grandfather Costante Dalpiaz's siblings.  I thought you might like to "meet" them!  These would be aunts and uncles to your Dad.

An older sister Maria:  according to Trentini birth records, her full name is Maria Severina Carlotta Carolina Dalpiaz married a Menapace:



A younger sibling Edvige Rosa Dalpiaz married Pio Valentini
Pio, another younger sibling is in the same gravesite as his parents
How nice for us that photos seem to be standard additions to tombstones.  These guys generally lived long happy lives so you come from hardy stock.

Tullia, of course, is the ultimate proof and I'm happy to be able to share this picture NOT taken in a cemetery, although I imagine many of you have seen this already.  She recently celebrated her 100th birthday!
Another picture of Tullia I remember seeing when we visited Aunt Josie:
I definitely see Dalpiaz in this younger picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment