Thursday, August 27, 2015

New Flynn children for you

Now that Amy and Michael's wedding has been celebrated (thank you everyone), it's time to turn my attention back to family history research.  Today I re-learned a lesson.  I'm not so smart as I think I am.

I thought I pretty much knew all there was to know about our grandfather Francis P. (Weenie) Flynn.  He was born in Emporium Pennsylvania in "aught 6" as he used to say and was the oldest child of Patrick and Barbara (Lippman) Flynn.  He was James Thomas on his original birth certificate but became Francis a short time later.  Thus evolved "Be Kind to Francis" day so declared by him to celebrate his birthday on Aug 24 each year.

Weenie had two brothers, John (Uncle 4-5) and Charles.  I remember Uncle 4-5 and his family but have no recollection of Dinty (Charles).  Olean New York was their hometown.  I learned today that Weenie had other siblings!  TWINS no less.  A little girl came first, followed by a little boy--each stillborn.  Weenie had just turned 2.  I just stumbled over these tidbits while wandering Ancestry.com today.


These are definitely Weenie's siblings.  At first, I thought there might be sloppy handwriting and perhaps Weenie was a surviving twin, but one click later I see the other twin.  It's an amazing world we live in.

So, twins on the Flynn side as well as twins on the Nevins side.  Interesting there aren't more that follow.  So far.  I'll keep looking.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a discovery! Seems like this would have come up at some point. I guess it would have if any of us had had twins! I'm kind of gladI never found out! Great find, Patty Anne!

    ReplyDelete