Saturday, March 28, 2015

Patrick H. Ryan 1935-2009

BAM!  Another door is closed.  Remember John "Jack" Ryan who died of an accidental gunshot wound? Our uncles Tim and Peter refer to him as Uncle Jack, so I will follow suit here.  When Jack died, he left a wife Monica and two children, according to his obituary.  I was curious what happened to them so I started researching them.

First of all, I had to find out the names for the children and found them in the 1940 census Monica Ryan and children Patrick and Sheila.  Though I don't have Monica's death fully determined, I did find her son Patrick's obituary.

Handsome guy.  The obituary also contains a valuable clue for his sister Sheila, who apparently married a Morrison.  Sadly, he suffered from Alzheimer's Disease-- a particular insult considering that his childhood was likely difficult after his father's accidental death.  I find it interesting that Patricks are few and far between in our Ryan family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment