Friday, August 29, 2014

Earl Holliday Dies

Doing research on family members often turns up some interesting connections with the past.  For example:


Earl married one of William S. Brown's granddaughters.  They apparently divorced and he died the very same day my husband Jim was born.  One door closes and another opens?  I don't know.....it was just interesting.

Also to note is that my youngest sister and her husband share an anniversary with our father's aunt and uncle Florence (Pierce) and William Gleason. Bill Gleason's parents were married on Aug 10 1924 in Gloucester.  Whenever I see matching dates, I smile a little bit to myself.  I wish I had a picture of them to share with you.

Another interesting piece of the family history is that there are more twins on the tree than you may have expected.  On the Bentley side (Gloucester sea captain), there are twin boys Philip and Charles born in 1907.  The Ameros are related through the Handran side (Catherine Pierce Ryan's mother was a Handran) and they had boy/girl twins Edna and Reedy in 1898.  Another set of Handran twins are the Butler girls Anastasia and Ann born in 1873 in Gloucester.  Somehow I did not expect to see so many sets of twins.
There are always surprises to find in this hunt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment