Thursday, May 22, 2014

Gioseffa Barbera Anna Odorizzi Dalpiaz 1874-1954

Costante Dalpiaz with his mother Barbara Odorizzi Dalpiaz

A great new website for Trentino births  has given me a number of leads for surnames on the Dalpiaz side of the family.    This discovery, in conjunction with an Odorizzi online family tree, led me to your great grandmother Barbara Odorizzi's birth record.  This record lists Gioseffa Barbera Anna Odorizzi born to Francesco and Teresa (maiden name Bentivoglio) in Tassullo Jan 6 1874.  This birth date matches the funeral card information I found at your parents' house so I feel fairly certain this reflects accurate information about her.

Further searching uncovered other children born to Francesco and Teresa in Tassullo: Augusta Dorotea (1865); Angelica Maria (1866); Davide Gulielmo (1869); Luigi Antonio (1876); Marco Francesco (1878); Carmelina Teresa Maria (1881); Assunta Rosa Maria (1884); and Giuditta Gioseffa (1887).  Teresa was a busy woman.  Aren't these cool names for anyone's family tree??

I continued my searching and found a Maria Teresa Bentivoglio born to Luigi and Dorotea (maiden name Zanini) Oct 13 1843 in Tassullo.  I'm far less certain about this new surname for your tree, but I'll keep checking! 

As a side note, my re-searching (you know they call if "research" for a reason, right?)  has uncovered a potential change in one of the Dalpiaz surnames currently in your tree.  Your 3 times great grandmother is listed as Domenica Brazi in your current family tree.  It appears that her name might actually be Biasi--Maria Domenica Antonia Biasi.  I'm not ready to pull the trigger and change her name just yet but that another one of those trails I'll be going down one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment