Friday, April 4, 2014

Anne Marie Flynn Ryan 1933-2002

I am missing Mom (Anne Marie Flynn Ryan) a great deal today.  Sometimes these feelings strike me when I'm thinking about vacations and trips taken.  This is one of those examples.   One of the best times I ever had with Mom was one of those trips to Toronto.  I had a haircut experience recently that would have made her smile, I'm sure.  I guess you already know it isn't usually the big things that bring Mom to mind, but the little everyday things like haircuts.

Anyhow, here are some pictures I thought you might like even though I think you have seen them before.
The famous blue dress in black and white.  I think this was before their own Toronto trip.   Imagine how much they were looking forward to that! This was taken at the Dennison Road house in Silver Creek NY.

A day that was a LONG time coming
This was taken in the backyard at 42 Bruce St.  Walton NY--I'm pretty sure that's Tim O'Brien there to the left.

Not the most flattering picture of Mom but they all look so happy.
Francis P. "Weenie Flynn, Anne Marie Flynn Ryan, C. Paula Nevins Flynn
in the Walton NY living room.

So they say "Rest in Peace" which is a very comforting thought for those of us left behind, but how could she possibly rest in peace rejoining her parents, her grandparents and Mary Jane?  She can meet grandparents she never knew (William S. Grampie Brown and Mary Brown).  How peaceful can it really be?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Anne Marie Flynn Ryan, I miss you too. I am happy to see these pictures again. That trip to Toronto, that Mom and Dad took. Is that the same trip when we all got the measles, or chicken pox, or something? I remember Dad's mom was there with us and we dropped one by one. Must have been tough for her. Anyway, I also remember Mom's blue dress! Dad looks pretty spiffy in that picture too!
    I miss my talks with Mom. She wasn't always talkative, but when asked a direct question, she was really good at helping sort things out. Miss you Mom!

    ReplyDelete